Early Morning Stream

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Internet Dating

I've been working the Yahoo Personals site for some months now and I'd like to point out some problems for those who would consider it:

1. You don't know if you're writing to someone taking a free ride or someone who is paying for the right to reply.
2. After writing more than a hundred emails, I have received few if any replies.
3. Most replies are simple "thanks, but *no* thanks.
4. A read of their "success stories" indicates that they are really full of it. *No one* finds their true love in a matter of weeks or months all the while getting winks galore. I haven't gotten a single wink. God only knows why. After all, winks are free.

So I just wanted to put this out there for fair warning. If you're looking for an easier time finding someone, yes, Yahoo can do it through the power of the internet. But it won't be *much* easier.

Perhaps I need a coach. I've had people review my profile and I've gotten positive responses. Can I possibly look too needy on my profile? Should I drop the word "vegetarian" from it? I imagine that many of the women simply run when they see that word. But come on, I don't bite. After all I'm a vegetarian, not a humanitarian.

Here is a link to my profile. Your feedback is welcome.


Mr. Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home