Early Morning Stream

Saturday, February 25, 2006

A change of pace

After four years of working with my last company, my last day was yesterday as a regular employee. It was a great four years of working with people I really enjoy. Sadly, as a non-profit corporation, they have a hard time paying market wages for the same work. On the other hand, they are a lot more relaxed than a for profit company.

The rub is that the personal relaxation was being blotted out by the economic stress of not making enough money. So today, I'm free of that and planning on working for another company in a week or so. At the new company, I will be paid substantially more, yet still have many of the same kinds of projects at hand.

So I'm taking a vacation for a week between jobs. And even on this morning, a Saturday, no less, I'm up early, with my mind racing over the possibilities of the new job. Better pay, longer commute, a straight 40 hour week. Hopefully this will mean more time for me.

With the last job, I was working the day job, working over time, doing side work and trying to fit my life into what was left. I really just want to pay my bills on a 40 hour week.

Is that really too much to ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home